Building & Engineering
Printable Permit Applications and Fees
Utility Construction Permit
Inspection Process for New Additions/Remodeling How to Hire a Contractor Private Garage Construction Sheds Swimming Pools or Hot Tubs Swimming Pools or Hot Tubs Electrical Information
The Building and Engineering Department is committed to implementing programs that constantly improve and maintain the quality of life Allen Parkers have become accustomed to.
Functions of the Building Department include the following:
- Issue Building Permits (residential and commercial)
- Contractor Registration (registers all commercial contractors doing work in the City of Allen Park)
- Downspout Inspection Program (perform investigation/evaluation of all homeowners downspouts/grading)
- Site Plan Review for new construction/renovation (planning/zoning)
- Building Inspections
- Issue Certificates of Occupancy for new businesses
- 2010 M39 Southfield Road Reconstruction Project - More info ..
Sanitary Sewer Investigations
In an effort, to reduce and/or alleviate the basement flooding our residents were plagued with in 2000, the City has undertaken a comprehensive sewer investigation including: dye testing, smoke testing and video taping. It is our hope that we can identify problem areas, which need attention and correct the problems.
Sewer Slip Lining Program
Our City infrastructure is an average of 60+ years old. To stretch the life of our Sewers, we employ a program of placing a slip lining into the sewer so that we can lengthen the lifespan of the sewers by reinforcing them from the inside out. This is an ongoing program to reinforce our sewers.
Watermain Replacement Program
Our Capital Improvements include a systematic replacement of City water mains. The cost to replace all of our aging water mains at one time would be cost prohibitive but we can begin a systematic replacement of our system, a little at a time, thereby spreading out the total cost over a number of years. We presently replace approximately $600,000 per year doing so.
Various Developing Projects
Veteran's Memorial Park - Veterans Hospital Site Development - Allen Park Ford Clay Mine Development - Greenway's Link