15915 Southfield Rd.
Allen Park, MI 48101
Main Line 928-4441
Building Inspector - 928-4447
Electrical Inspector - 928-4134
HVAC Inspector - 928-4441
Plumbing Inspector - 928-4441
Ordinance Officer - 928-4608
The Building Department regulates all residential and commercial construction within the City of Allen Park. This process includes the processing of necessary permits, the plan review of construction documents, and the inspections for code compliance for projects within the City.
The department is also the liaison to the Planning Commission and the Zoning Board of Appeals as well as the division that conducts the residential rental and Certificate of Occupancy inspections within the City. All questions regarding zoning compliance are also the responsibility of the department.
- Issue Building Permits (residential and commercial)
- Contractor Registration (registers all commercial contractors doing work in the City of Allen Park)
- Downspout Inspection Program (perform investigation/evaluation of all homeowners downspouts/grading)
- Site Plan Review for new construction/renovation (planning/zoning)
- Building Inspections
- Issue Certificates of Occupancy for new businesses