Voting and Voter Registration
Registering to Vote Requirements:
- a U. S. Citizen
- at least 18 years of age by election day
- a resident of Michigan
Ways to register to vote:
- Secretary of State Jocelyn Benson announced on December 2, 2019 that Michiganders can now register to vote or update their voter registration online at Michigan.gov/VoterRegistration.
- At the Allen Park City Clerks Office, 15915 Southfield Rd.
- At any Secretary of State Branch offices located throughout the state .
- At the specified agency for clients receiving services through the Family Independence Agency, Department of Community Health, Michigan Jobs Commission and some offices of the Commission for the Blind.
- At the military recruitment offices for persons enlisting in the armed forces.
- By obtaining and completing a Mail Voter Register Application to the election official as directed on the application
Application may be obtained at www.Michigan.gov/vote
or by clicking on the link below.
If you move to a new city you must re-register to vote.
If you move within the same city, the clerk's office can handle the change. All Michigan voters must use the same residential address for voter registration and driver's license. Consequently, if you change your voter registration address your drivers license address will change. The reverse is true as well. Voter registration information may be obtained on the state web site at www.Michigan.gov/vote
Voting at the Polls
Your voter identification card indicates the precinct location where you vote for all elections. If you do not have a voter registration card or would like a new card please contact the Clerks office. The following are the city election precincts:
Please note: The precincts have changed. Your precinct location and/or number may have changed.
Please see the precinct map
for or call the city Clerks Office at 313-928-1144 for details.
PRECINCT 1: Allen Park Church of Christ, 23610 Outer Drive,
PRECINCT 2: Allen Park Community Center, 15800 White Street
PRECINCT 3: Allen Park Community Center, 15800 White Street
PRECINCT 4: Allen Park Community Center, 15800 White Street
PRECINCT 5: Allen Park Community Center, 15800 White Street
(Precinct 6 Eliminated. Combinded in Precinct 5)
PRECINCT 7: Allen Park Community Center, 15800 White Street
PRECINCT 8: Allen Park Community Center, 15800 White Street
PRECINCT 9: Allen Park High School, 18401 Champaign
PRECINCT 10: Allen Park Community Center, 15800 White Street
PRECINCT 11: Angelica Lutheran Church, 8400 Park Ave
PRECINCT 12: American Hungarian Reformed Church, 9901 Allen Road
PRECINCT 13: American Hungarian Reformed Church, 9901 Allen Road
PRECINCT 14: Allen Park Church of Nazarene, 10944 Reek Road
PRECINCT 15: St. Luke's Episcopal Church, 15603 Wick Road
PRECINCT 16: Allen Park Church of Nazarene, 10944 Reeck Road
Voting with Assistance
Federal and state laws require every city to provide accessible registration and voting locations for voters who are disabled. If you require voting assistance, ask the election workers for help and two inspectors will assist you.
If you have any questions regarding your voter registration, please call the Clerks office at 313-928-1144