- Have a Fire Escape Plan with a meeting place that everyone understands and conduct periodic drills.
- Smoke Detectors that are located properly and tested regularly can be lifesavers.
- Sleep with your bedroom door closed to keep smoke out, but make sure you can hear the Smoke Detectors.
- In case of fire, remain calm, get down, and get out. Crawl to stay below deadly smoke and gases and get out of the house.
- If your clothes catch fire, STOP where you are, DROP to the floor, and fold your arms high on your chest to protect your face, ROLL on the floor to smother the fire.
- Don't panic if you are trapped in the house. If you are over-anxious you will breathe faster and take in more smoke and toxic gases, stay in your room and wait for help.
- Once you're outside NEVER go back inside, call the Fire Department from a neighbor's telephone.
- Remember the emergency phone number 911 and make sure you know your correct address.
Powered by muniCMS™.
Site development by Muniweb®