The City of Allen Park is now accepting applications to establish an eligibility roster for future employment opportunities for full time Firefighter/Paramedic
Applicants must (upon submission of application):
1. Be at least eighteen (18) years old.
2. Be a citizen of the United States.
3. Be a high school graduate or have passed the General Education Development Test (GED).
4. Have a valid Michigan driver’s license or chauffeur’s license, with a good record.
6. Must have Fire Fighter I and II, and Haz-Mat operations level certification through the Michigan Fire Fighter Training Council.
7. Must Be a State of Michigan Licensed Paramedic, and be ACLS and BLS certified.
BASIC PHYSICAL QUALIFICATIONS
8. Must have current test scores, written and agility, from the Conference of Western Wayne Firefighter Testing Program or the EMPCO testing system.
Vision: Correctable to 20/20.
Weight: In proportion to height, as determined by a physical examination.
Prior to being hired candidates must pass; physical, psychological, and drug screen. An extensive background and driving record check will also be performed.
To schedule a test for these positions, you must contact Schoolcraft College and/or the EMPCO testing group.
There is a fee to take these examinations, but results of this one test will be accepted by all participating fire departments in Michigan. You must take and pass the tests by August 20th
All applicants must pass written and oral examinations with a minimum score of 75% in each examination. Final score will be cumulative with 60% weight given to the written examination and 40% to the oral examination.
Per Labor agreement
How To Apply
A City of Allen Park application is mandatory to be considered for the position; you are also encouraged to include a resume.
The application is available online at:
Or in the Office of the City Clerk, 15915 Southfield Road, Allen Park, Michigan, 48101, 313-928-1144
All applications, along with test results and copies of required certifications, must be returned to the City Clerk’s office by 4:30 p.m. on Monday, August 20th, 2018.
Regular office hours are 8:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, except for official Holidays.
The City of Allen Park is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Monday, August 20th, 2018