2018 Recycling Calender
2014 Riverview Landfill Rates
2019 Household Hazardous Waste Days Schedule
City of Allen Park Collection Guidelines
Rubbish shall not be placed on the street earlier than 5:00 pm of the night before regular pickup day. Empty receptacles shall be removed from the streets no later than 7:00 pm the day of the pickup.
Advanced Disposal is proud to have been chosen by the City of Allen Park to be your waste and recycling services provider. Please know we will continue to provide the high quality and efficient collection you have come to expect.
YOUR SERVICE SCHEDULES AND DAYS OF COLLECTION WILL REMAIN THE SAME.
You can start using your carts the week of May 2nd on your scheduled day of collection. Please have your waste and recycling curbside no earlier than 5:00 p.m. the night before, or no later than 7:00 a.m. on your normal day of service. Empty carts should be removed from the streets as soon as possible no later than 7:00 p.m. the day of pickup.
CART PLACEMENT: Be sure to follow these guidelines for proper cart placement.
CURBSIDE GARBAGE COLLECTION
- Carts should be placed at between the curb and sidewalk or in the driveway approach.
- Cart handle should be facing the house and away from the street.
- There needs to be at least three (3) feet between your cart and any other objects such as parked cars, light poles, mailboxes and other carts.
- If your service days for garbage and recycling are the same, be sure to place your garbage and recycling carts on opposite sides of the driveway.
CURBSIDE RECYCLING COLLECTION
- Garbage collection is every week on your scheduled day of service in the provided 96-gallon wheeled cart.
- All garbage must be bagged and placed in the container in order to be collected.
ITEMS ACCEPTED FOR RECYCLING INCLUDE:
- Recycling collection is every other week on your scheduled day of service in the provided 64-gallon wheeled cart.
- Place all recyclables in the provided cart for single stream collection – no sorting is necessary.
- All recyclables must be placed in the cart in order to be collected – NO PLASTIC BAGS.Plastic bags can be recycled at the Allen Park Meijer Store, 3565 Fairlane Dr., Kroger Stores and other area retailers.
CURBSIDE COMPOST/YARD WASTE COLLECTION (April 4 through December 9)
- Magazines & Catalogs
- Glossy Prints & Junk Mail
- Cardboard– NO PIZZA BOXES (must be cut into 2'x2' sections and placed inside of the cart)
- Office & Computer Paper
- Glass (clear, brown, green – rinsed with lids removed). DO NOT INCLUDE drinking glass, Pyrex, plate glass, other colored glass, china, light bulbs, ceramics, or mirrors.
- Plastics #1 through #7. Labels can be left on, please rinse all items out completely.
- Aluminum & Metal (empty aerosol cans, lids from glass jars, food containers – rinsed well).
- No parking in the street from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm on the regular pickup day in your area.
Collection is every week on your scheduled day of service starting in the first full week of April through the second week of December.
CURBSIDE BULK WASTE COLLECTION
- Leaves, grass clippings, yard waste must be in cans with Compost Stickers (available at City Offices), or in paper compost bags only.
- Brush must be bundled no larger than eighteen inches in diameter and four feet long.
- One individual item cannot be more than three inches in diameter.
- 50 pound maximum weight on cans and bags.
- YARD WASTE IN PLASTIC BAGS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
CURBSIDE WHITE GOODS/APPLIANCE COLLECTION
- Bulk waste collection must be scheduled 24 hours in advance of your normal pickup day by calling Advanced Disposal at (888) 443-1717 or submitting the request online at AdvancedDisposal.com . Click the Bulk Pickup (appliances, furniture) button and fill out the form.
- Bulk waste must be placed curbside prior to 7 a.m. on the scheduled day of collection.
- Residents are permitted up to 10 items of bulk waste and normal trash combined.
- Items accepted for collection include: tables, chairs, couches, televisions, entertainment centers, recliners, mattresses, box springs and carpet (cut and rolled into lengths not more than 4 feet long and weigh no more than 50 lbs).
- White goods/appliance collection must be scheduled 24 hours in advance of your normal collection day by calling Advanced Disposal at (888) 443-1717.
- Appliances must be placed curbside prior to 7 a.m. on the scheduled day of collection.
- Items accepted for collection include the following: washers, dryers, stoves, dishwashers, and hot water tanks, as well as, refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners, humidifiers, de-humidifiers, etc. that DO NOT CONTAIN FREON.
- Items containing Freon will need to have a sticker on the appliance. Stickers must be purchased at City Hall and placed on the appliance prior to pick up. The cost of the sticker is $55.00.
Collection will be made each week per area schedule except if the Holidays below fall on or before your regular pickup day. In this event the collection for this week only will be one day later. The Holidays are:
- New Year's Day
- Memorial Day
- Fourth of July
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day