2021 Recycling Calendar
To Be Determined
CURBSIDE RECYCLING COLLECTION
ITEMS ACCEPTED FOR RECYCLING INCLUDE:
- Recycling collection is every other week on your scheduled day of service in the provided 64-gallon wheeled cart.
- Place all recyclables in the provided cart for single stream collection – no sorting is necessary.
- All recyclables must be placed in the cart in order to be collected – NO PLASTIC BAGS.
- Magazines & Catalogs
- Glossy Prints & Junk Mail
- Cardboard – NO PIZZA BOXES (must be cut into 2'x2' sections and placed inside of the cart)
- Office & Computer Paper
- Glass (clear, brown, green – rinsed with lids removed). DO NOT INCLUDE drinking glass, Pyrex, plate glass, other colored glass, china, light bulbs, ceramics, or mirrors.
- Plastics #1 through #7. Labels can be left on, please rinse all items out completely.
- Aluminum & Metal (empty aerosol cans, lids from glass jars, food containers – rinsed well).
- Motor-Home and Travel Trailer Waste Disposal - Bill's Trailer 18452 Telegraph Rd. Brownstown Twp. 734 941-5330
DTE Appliance Recycling and Rebate Programs
Save energy. Save money. Save the hassle.
Did you know that your old refrigerator or freezer can use more than twice the amount of electricity as a new one? Replace your old refrigerator or freezer with a high efficiency unit and you could save up to $150 on your energy bill each year -- and keep harmful materials out of landfills.
Plus, when you do, DTE Energy will give you a $40 rebate and haul your old appliance away for freethrough the Your Energy SavingsSM program! At the same time, we will also pick up your old room air conditioner and dehumidifier which will qualify for a $20 rebate.
Schedule a no hassle, convenient pick up today and begin managing your energy costs.
If you have questions about this program, call 866-796-0512.
*To participate, you must be a Detroit Edison customer. Room air conditioner & dehumidifier pick-ups must be scheduled with your qualified refrigerator or freezer appointments.
See other DTE Recycling and Rebate programs. Click here.