Skip To Content
Novi, Michigan
Novi, Michigan
Water & Sewer Department

The Problem with Flushable Wipes - Important Video

Too often the public sees the word “flushable” on a package of personal care or cleaning wipes and does not think twice about flushing them down the toilet and into the sewer system (even though they are not biodegradable). This can wreak havoc, causing costly damage to sewer infrastructure and increasing the possibility of sewer line back-ups into homes.
Click to View Video

City of Allen Park
Water Billing Changes Effective January 1, 2022

Beginning on January 1st, the City of Allen Park will be changing from a quarterly billing system for water services to a bi-monthly system.  Instead of 4 water bills each year, customers will receive 6 water bills annually. 
‘Ready to Serve’ charges will be adjusted accordingly for 2 months or 1 month.
Below are the 3 water billing cycles and how the timing changes will be rolled out.
Cycle 2:

Customer Accounts being billed currently and due 11/15.  They will have 1 more quarterly bill that will go out for February 1st and current charges apply.  They will also be billed again on April 1st.
Cycle 3:

They will be billed on December 1st.  This will be their last quarterly bill.  And the cycle will be split based on their account numbers:
  • Account numbers that begin with 710 to 850 will be added to Cycle 1 and billed again in January 2022.
  • This will be a 1 month billing for them.  The minimum bill for this will be at $44.78.
  •  Account numbers that begin with 600 to 700 will be added to Cycle 2 and billed again in February 2022
  • This will be their 1st bi-monthly billing.
 Cycle 1:
  • They will be billed January 1st.  This will be their last quarterly bill with the current charges.  They will begin bi-monthly billing March 1st.
 The minimum charges currently are at 0-5 units (billed @ 5 units) and will change to 0-4 units (billed @ 4 units).
Current minimum bills are $69.05.   Bi-monthly minimum bills will be $52.24. 

NEW! Electronic Water  Billing 

We are now offering the option for paperless billing. You MUST register before logging in. Have your utility billing account number (found on your paper invoice) on hand during registration with SmartPayWorks. Once your account is set up and you are logged in, you may access your profile by clicking on the arrow near your name, then select Account Preferences to make the change to electronic invoices. You may create your online account here for this service.

Division Info

DPS Water and Sewer: 313-928-1666
Water Billing Questions: 313-928-3393
After Hours Emergency: 313-386-7800

Water & Sewer Department

Meter reading, Meter repairs, Sanitary sewer cleaning and closed circuit television inspections, Sanitary sewer repairs, Storm sewer cleaning and repairs, House lead sewer televising, Catch basin repairs and cleaning, Watermain break repairs, Fire hydrant maintenance and repair, Pump station operations and maintenance. 

The above is a general list of responsibilities for the Department of Public Service. Please call our office if you have a question regarding any of the above items or something that is not listed and we will be more than happy to try and answer your questions.

Watermain breaks can be reported to the Police department after hours at 313-386-7800. Any other after-hour Water department emergencies can be reported to the Police also. The Water department has an employee on stand-by service 24 hours a day, 365 days a year for your assistance.


Hydrant Flushing

During the months April through September the Water Department will be flushing the Fire Hydrant System.  

If you experience rusty water please run your cold water from the lowest point in you house until it runs clear. 

Water Personnel Entering A Residence

Water Department Personnel will not enter your residence without an appointment. Occasionally Water Department workers will knock on your door to inform you of water related issues in your neighborhood. They will not ask to enter your home.
However, if Water Deparment Personnel need to enter your residence they will notify the home owner or occupant that an appointment must be made with the Water Department prior to them entering the premises.  
Make sure that the Water Department  worker has a city assigned ID with a verification phone number printed on the ID.  If they do not have a city assigned ID do not allow them in your home.  Also, City Personnel will be arriving in a city owned vehicle with the city name and seal on the on the side.  Similar to the vehicle pictured below. 

Pay Water Bill

Water Reports

We are pleased to present this year’s Consumer Confidence Report concerning the water quality that the City of Allen Park provides to our citizens. We purchase our water from two of the Detroit Water & Sewer Department’s Plants. The Southwest Water Treatment Plant located here in Allen Park and the Springwells Water Treatment Plant located in Southwest Detroit, both respective plant intakes are both located in the Detroit River. The drinking water provided to our citizens is safe and meet or exceeds federal and state requirements. 

Great Lakes Water Authority Web Site

Downriver Utility Wastewater Authority Web Site

This document is available to view in PDF format.2018 Consumer Confidence Report
This document is available to view in PDF format.2017 Consumer Confidence Report
This document is available to view in PDF format.2016 Consumer Confidence Report


Water Rates


Storm Water Education

  • Use only Phosephorus Free Fertilizer    Michigan Fertilizer Law (1994 PA 451, Part 85, Fertilizers) restricts the use of phosphorus fertilizers on residential and commercial lawns, including athletic fields and golf courses statewide. Both homeowners and commercial applicatiors must follow the phosphorus application restrictions.    For more information
  • Is it really all that important to SCOOP POOP?  Picking up pet waste and disposing of it in the trash keeps our sidewalks clean and our neighbors happy.  But it also protects water quality, keeping our water resources safe for drinking and swimming. Pet Waste Tips and Campaign Information    How to be an H20 Hero

Wayne County Environmental Hotline

Wayne County operates a 24 hour hot-line number to field and respond to environmental complaints, including illegal dumping and suspicious discharges. The hot-line number is 888-223-2363.